Updated: July 2, 2021
Catholic Housing and Community Services (CHCS) of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia is committed to providing support to seniors and older adults throughout the Philadelphia region during the pandemic. Any older adult in the surrounding five county area in need is encouraged to call the CHCS Helpline at 1-888-679-7669.
Below you will find resources as well as information from the Federal Government and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Additional resources which may be helpful during this time are also provided.
If you are a Philadelphia resident ages 60 and older, CHCS senior centers are providing frozen and Grab and Go style meals. We are able to distribute 7 frozen meals to each person per week.
**If you are interested in receiving meals at one of our Senior Community Centers, please call the center beforehand to let them know. This will ensure a proper amount of meals are available each day.**
St. Edmond Senior Community Center
2130 South 21st Street (Entrance on Norwood Street), Philadelphia PA 19145
Star Harbor Senior Community Center
4700 Springfield Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19123
North Central Philadelphia
Nativity B.V.M. Senior Community Center
3255 Belgrade Street, Philadelphia PA 19134
Norris Square Senior Community Center
2121 N. Howard St. Philadelphia, PA 19122
Catholic Social Services Resources
- Emergency Food and Diapers (CSS Family Service Centers)
- Rent, Mortgage, and Utility Assistance for Philadelphia Residents
Nutritional Development Services Resources
- Nutritional Development Services of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia (NDS) has a COVID-19 Information page that includes resources for emergency food and meals for children. Click here to find resources for food in your community.
- The period after the lifting of the COVID19 restrictions requires us to be ready to assist people to reintegrate into an active, in person engagement with parish life. Below you will find plentiful resources, guidelines, recommendations and directives for parishes and Archdiocesan institutions for this period. ARISE: Restoring Catholic Life After the Pandemic
Federal Government Resources
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- CDC – Talking with children about Coronavirus Disease 2019
- CDC – Information for Travel
- CDC – Community Mitigation Strategy